contact with CIC/expiring medical exam

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

someday

contact with CIC/expiring medical exam

Post by someday »

Hello-- I am a US citizen living in the US and applying for PR status as the spouse of a Canadian citizen. I did my medical exam in late April 2005, but my application was not deemed received in Buffalo until late October. My understanding is that CIC will try to complete an application before the medical exam expires, so the applicant does not have to do the exam all over again. I was thinking of contacting CIC to inquire about resubmitting the medical exam, with the idea that it would perhaps motivate them to process the application. What is the best way to contact CIC? Is contacting them counterproductive (i.e. seen as an annoyance)? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Ron Liberman

Post by Ron Liberman »

In this situation, I think you would be doing the right thing to write to Buffalo and ask poliitely whether you need to resubmit medicals.
someday

Post by someday »

Thanks for your response. I will let you know if I get any results that may be of interest to others.