inland sponsorhip

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

blondie_81

inland sponsorhip

Post by blondie_81 »

HI Ron,
I'm not sure if you got my private message so I'm gonna try again because I'm not sure if it even got posted. Me and my husband applied for inland sponsorship seven months ago. Yesterday we received a letter from CIC that he meets requirement to become permanent resident but they won't make a final decision til the othere requirements are met. The once that they mentioned in the letter are medical, security and background checks. They didn't aks us to send any additional paperwork. When we applied we sent in everyhting that they requested including fingerprints, criminal record from home and his medical. Does that mean that we just need to wait till they are done with everything or should we send something else in? They also mention that he should have a valid status while being in process but we have been extending his tourist visa throught out the time so his last visa is valid til June/06. What is your take on this, do we really just need to be patient and wait or should we be doing something else. Thanks Ron
Renata Antalova
Ron Liberman

Post by Ron Liberman »

Hi,

You just need to be patient. If they also mentioned that he can apply for an open work permit, what you received would be the initial approval.
blondie_81

Post by blondie_81 »

Hi Ron,
Thanks for your quick response. No they haven't mentioned anything about working permit. They only mention that he should have a legal status while we are in process, having a document issued by CIC so as I mentioned his visa has last time been extended till June/06. I have one more question though, I'm starting a new job on Monday so my employer will be changing do I need to send them a new letter stating that I'm employed somewhere else? Thanks Ron
Renata Antalova