Fingerprinting and police certificates from USA

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:37 pm

Fingerprinting and police certificates from USA

Post by AC » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:46 pm

I am living in Canada (here on a temporary intercompany work visa through my company) and my spouse is sponsoring me for permant immigrant status. I am currently completing the application forms but am confused with the police clearance requirements. I am from the UK but lived in the US (California) for 7 years before moving to Canada a year ago. I got my fingerprints done at my local RCMP but am not sure how to get the police clearance from the US.

Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:04 pm
Location: North York, ON, Canada

Post by nitman » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:46 am

This site can help you with US police clearance. You need to submit FBI fingerprint record to Canada Immigration. You can have fingerprints taken at a Police Station on FBI Form 258 (I think). Sometimes FBI (if they are in good mood) will mail you the forms. ... tates.html


Linux: You are already there!

Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:45 pm

Post by americanada » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:51 pm

edited to read - "never mindeth, i foundeth my own answer......."
missing my husband like nobody's business.

Post Reply