Vendor has failed to pay salary and expenses to contractor.

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

Augusta12

Vendor has failed to pay salary and expenses to contractor.

Post by Augusta12 »

When the 6 weeks of work at the Client site was completed, I asked the Vendor when I can expect the compensation and travel expenses will be paid? The Vendor appears to be ignoring me and does not answer my emails or respond to my phone calls anymore. Beside the compensation for the work, they owe me several thousands of dollars for approved travel expenses which I have accumulated during the work at the Client site. Normally, a Client pays travel expenses to contractors right away. I reported to the Client all expenses and work hours in a timely manner and they were all approved.
Please advise as to what I should do in this situation? The Vendor is a company, located in US.
Thank you for the help.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Contact a lawyer
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
Augusta12

Post by Augusta12 »

Vendor in US, I am in Canada. Is it necessary go through the court in this case? Which law specialization should be applied in this case?
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

C'mon. You were a big girl to go work in US, you can figure this out.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
loemrntdherid1

Post by loemrntdherid1 »

It no wonder ward residents show the same enthusiasm for election day that they would for a root canal. According to a recent poll by former Council Chairman and Ward 8 businessman Arrington Dixon, three quarters of voters surveyed have not settled on a candidate. Three years ago, Barry triumphed with more than 14,000 votes.
http://www.borselouis-it.com/