Limitation of benefits form for RRSP

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

Lolapalola

Limitation of benefits form for RRSP

Post by Lolapalola »

I am a Canadian residing in the US. ( I have dual citizenship). The financial institution where I have my RRSP sent me a limitation of benefits form to fill out. What is this for? It says I have to fill out so I won’t get increased taxes taken out down the road. Thanks in advance.
nelsona

Re: Limitation of benefits form for RRSP

Post by nelsona »

What is the number of your form (I suspect it is W-9)? If it is, then that is a correct request and normal procedure on their part, since you are a US citizen.

If it is another form, please specify.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
edwardsedison201

Post by edwardsedison201 »

انطلق في رحلتك للمراهنة على كرة القدم مع المراهنة على كرة القدم ****. هذا الدليل هو نقطة البداية لفهم الإثارة واستراتيجيات المراهنة على كرة القدم. الرهان سعيد! https://yyy-blog.com/blog/footbal-betting/
ND

Post by ND »

nelsona, I suspect it's not W-9. That form would be requesting certification of 'US person' status, in which case LOB is not an issue on say treaty w/h rates on int and div from US sources, as the US person would be filing 1040 and reporting that income at graduated rates. Rather, I suspect it's a form like this: https://www.bmoinvestorline.com/selfDir ... fit_EN.pdf