Canadian Citizen - Remote consulting work for US company

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

Can2002

Canadian Citizen - Remote consulting work for US company

Post by Can2002 »

Hi,

I have searched thru the forum but did not find the a topic that covers my situation.
I am currently daily commuting to work to USA on TN status as a W2 employee. I file my US 1040NR and then do FTC on Canadian side.
I have a lot of US recruiters approaching me for remote work from Canada. My question is what is the best course of action to avoid US taxation.
I do not want my consulting US income to be part of TN Income as well as part of my personal Canadian Income to avoid additional FTC and higher tax bracket in Canada. Do I need to create a corporation in Canada and do Corp - Corp - Invoice US company. Would a US company write a check to my Canadian company?

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Can2002

Re: Canadian Citizen - Remote consulting work for US company

Post by Can2002 »

Also does a US company reports to IRS that it paid a foreign Corp for services? Again asking if foreign corp with no presence in US will have any tax obligation to IRS.