LLC with member changed to full time Canada resident

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

mymini

LLC with member changed to full time Canada resident

Post by mymini »

Hi, I am reading through this site in detail and have yet to find the perfect response.
My partner and I have a small IT consulting LLC in the U.S. I am a resident of California and he used to be both a dual citizen living in the U.S.
Now he recently became a full resident in Canada a few month's back. I am reading that LLC will be subject to dual taxes and probably worse in that all income from our 2 member (only no employees) would be subject to Canada taxes. Can we avoid double taxes? It would be good if I were taxed U.S. and he would be taxed just in Canada for his portion of the earnings? Thoughts, become an S-corp or he becomes a independent contractor in Canada and is paid through the LLC. Thanks in advance.
mymini

Re: LLC with member changed to full time Canada resident

Post by mymini »

Please note, I believe we are considered a "personal services company" per form 542 as both of us perform IT consulting/programming services for the U.S. based LLC. We are the only 2 members and both of us perform direct services.
Thank you,
Quintin Williams

Re: LLC with member changed to full time Canada resident

Post by Quintin Williams »

A form of simple standing is held for the matter of success. Parts of the https://uk.eliteassignmenthelp.com/ are milled for the joys. Enduring norms are firm for the applied joys and approach for the field for the ideal paths for the individuals in his ambit.