Working From Canada remotely for US Company and Payroll in US

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

vpr

Working From Canada remotely for US Company and Payroll in US

Post by vpr »

I am working in US on a TN Status. But I want to move to Canada for a Year. Employer is ok to work from Canada.

My Question is can they continue to run the Payroll in USA while I am remotely working from Canada?

Thanks,
vpr
nelsona

Re: Working From Canada remotely for US Company and Payroll in US

Post by nelsona »

No. you would be a CDn resident working in Canada. Would require CDn payroll or agent.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
tn_confusion

Post by tn_confusion »

Am in a similar board, what is meant by an Agent? I was wondering about the same, can I just hire my personal agent? If so, how about who gets the first share of the tax?
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

This would be a Cdn agency. There would be no tax in US, since you would be living and working in Canada.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
ND

Post by ND »

speak to marc@syndesus.com and see syndesus.com
zachbauer

Post by zachbauer »

Very good conditions! I once worked as a sales manager on the Internet.
MaggieA

Post by MaggieA »

ND, I hadn't heard of Syndesus before. What an excellent business idea.
zachbauer

Post by zachbauer »

zachbauer wrote:
> Very good conditions! I once worked as a sales manager on the Internet.
I was offered a job with a large and respected home buying company https://www.thepropertybuyingcompany.co.uk/. It was a good experience I got! Working as a remote sales manager is the most in-demand job globally. Such an employee's earnings are not limited by anything and depend only on experience. The specifics of these earnings quite allow you to work remotely. The size of a freelancer's earnings always depends on several indicators. But most often the salary depends on the percentage of sales! Some companies offer a fixed rate. There is a huge selection of jobs on the Internet!