Form 1040 - itemized ded for state tax limited to 10,000

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

okinawafl

Form 1040 - itemized ded for state tax limited to 10,000

Post by okinawafl »

I just noticed that in my 2021 Form 1040, on line 12a, it is limited to 10k instead of my withholding tax 16k.
But actually in my state return, I need to pay state tax 16k so I have 3k refund. Would the state still issue the form 1099G to me for this 3k refund? If they do, do I still need to include it as my 2022 income in the Form 1040 (line 8)?

I guess I don't need to included this 3k refund in my 2022 Form 1040 as income, May I know if i am right? Thanks.
nelsona

Re: Form 1040 - itemized ded for state tax limited to 10,000

Post by nelsona »

Not a cross-border question.

Any state refund that comes from taxes that were not deducted, won't be included in income the next year.
Your software will figure this out for you every year.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
AidenTorres

Post by AidenTorres »

Semco quite possibly the most typically beneficial associations in Brazil throughout the most recent long term. Running Behavior Herds of up https://www.teachingsolutions.org/texes/practice-test starlings have been recorded wheeling, diving and contributing high velocity harmony.
AidenTorres

Post by AidenTorres »

The Postmaster can give early notification for get-aways or medical procedures, so a lot of notice will be given to the next manager. I know an RCA who lives it up to work in a state funded educational system that has https://postofficeslocation.com/been an RCA for north of twenty years.
JessicaDavid

Post by JessicaDavid »

As far as I know, the restriction of operations on a current account by the tax authorities means that a company or an entrepreneur will not be able to conduct debit transactions on it - you cannot transfer money from the account to a counterparty or withdraw funds from a checkbook.
JessicaDavid

Post by JessicaDavid »

The term for removing the blocking of the tax settlement account is no more than three working days, which are counted from when the cause of the blocking is eliminated. You should also check if all your receipts have been paid. If not, then they need to be paid urgently. To do this, you may need a paystub generator. This way, you can keep everything in the availability zone and immediately prepare all receipts for payment to un blog your account. https://www.thepaystubs.com/