Home Insurance Renewal

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

moishegoyet

Home Insurance Renewal

Post by moishegoyet »

Hi everyone ,
I opened my policy renewal this morning and got a big shock on the policy increase of $145 but when I read my policy they have increased the value of our home by $231,000 .How do they get these values?Realistically i think the value they have is probably $150,000 more than I would get if I sold it tomorrow.
Dinnyrishell

Re: Home Insurance Renewal

Post by Dinnyrishell »

It's the whole ****** world economy. They increased the estimated cost of houses due to the rise in the price of building materials. Hang on, man.
HeatherSan

Post by HeatherSan »

Indeed, all insurance agents have increased the cost of insurance due to the rise in the price of everything that could rise in price. Insurance companies have always been very enterprising, and of course, the global situation could not but affect the cost of insurance. So I'm not surprised at all. Now I think real estate will quickly increase in value, so do not rush to sell your house. I'm thinking now that they can cancel some points of insurance policies. For example, it was previously unclear whether pool leaks were covered by homeowners insurance https://www.agilerates.com/home-insuran ... -premiums/, and now there is probably no chance of covering these expenses with insurance.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Thanks for spamming this forum. Very original to fake three names so that you could advertise some website.

Get lost.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
Ibetyoulookgood1

Post by Ibetyoulookgood1 »

Now, because of inflation, prices are rising because, in fact, money is depreciating. We will all pay more and more for insurance services, unfortunately.
Ibetyoulookgood1

Post by Ibetyoulookgood1 »

Ibetyoulookgood1 wrote:
> Now, because of inflation, prices are rising because, in fact, money is
> depreciating. We will all pay more and more for insurance services,
> unfortunately.
Now, because of inflation, prices are rising because, in fact, money is depreciating. We will all pay more and more for insurance services, unfortunately. The other day I was thinking about insuring my life and found an article on https://www.lifeinsuranceblog.net/5-mil ... licy-cost/, where I read about how much an insurance policy costs. Well, it's sad for me to read this, but you won't change anything, my friend. Of course, you can contact an insurance agent and ask this question, but I don't think you will succeed...