Best US Business Structure for Dual Citizen

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

businessman

Best US Business Structure for Dual Citizen

Post by businessman »

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone is/was in a similar situation as I am and can provide some advice.

I'm a dual citizen (US/Canada) living in Canada. I plan on moving to the US in 2-3 years but for now I would like to setup business(es) operating online in the US like Shopify stores, monetized blogs, etc. with liability protection (LLC/Corporation).

From my research, an LLC is complicated due to double taxation by the CRA and IRS but setting up a corporation would involve more complex filing requirements as well. Any thoughts?
ND

Re: Best US Business Structure for Dual Citizen

Post by ND »

operate as CCPC in Canada (perhaps file 1120-F protective treaty return) and once you move to USA opne LLC and operate out of LLC and exit return with CRA.
Bill45

Post by Bill45 »

A business entity is an entity that is formed and administered as per corporate law in order to engage in business activities, charitable work, or other activities allowable. Relevant templates will download from this https://masterbundles.com/templates/pre ... oint/swot/ source. Most often, business entities are formed to sell a product or a service. The specific rules vary by country and by state or province. Some of these types are listed below, by country.
edwardsedison201

Post by edwardsedison201 »

انطلق في رحلتك للمراهنة على كرة القدم مع المراهنة على كرة القدمhttps://yyy-blog.com/blog/footbal-betting/ هذا الدليل هو نقطة البداية لفهم الإثارة واستراتيجيات المراهنة على كرة القدم. الرهان سعيد!