What US banks don't require a US address?

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

MIKE2000Z28

What US banks don't require a US address?

Post by MIKE2000Z28 »

I'm asking because I have been in Canada for years as a PR and I'm still using my bank with my parents address. Eventually, when they sell the house etc can I still keep my account even though my address is in Canada? Has any expats had any luck with a particular bank? I'm with citizens now.

Can't seem to find definitive answers.
Mike
nelsona

Re: What US banks don't require a US address?

Post by nelsona »

The problem I've found is not so much that arten't allowed to have a Cdn address for you (they certainly are), but that their system doesn;t accept it.

The banks associted with credit cards (Amex, citi, chase, for example) are able to put Cdn addresses in their system, so wouls likely be able to put your Cdn address on any bank account you opened with them.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D