TaxAct

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

DonMurphyCanada

TaxAct

Post by DonMurphyCanada »

I use Form 1116 and I am trying to heed the advice of people in this great forum to use TaxAct to do so.

How are others purchasing TaxAct this year as the software when paying by credit card (I owe anyway) has a country dropdown but only for US and the US territories?

How are people getting around this this year?

I have purchased and used TaxAct for years, although I do admit to not using it for the last three years because of my circumstances.

Any ideas?

TIA
rafa02

Re: TaxAct

Post by rafa02 »

Try using a US zip code when it requests a US address.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

The problem Don is facing is that his billing address has to match what the credit card has, so putting in a fake address is not likely to work.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
nanics

Post by nanics »

I had the same problem. Called them and they put in a US zip code in my account. They are aware of the issue. Paypal would be the best way to pay.

Paul
nanics

Post by nanics »

Also ask for a discount if you have been a longtime customer with them. They gave me 20% off.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Curious how putting a US zip code on the taxact account (where?) would allow one to pay with a Cdn-addressed credit card. When it comes to moment of paying, your billing address has to match the one from your CC.

I agree that paypal is probably best since it avoids this.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
nanics

Post by nanics »

I don’t know but the customer service representative, actually tech support guy tried it and it work. He said they do this all the time since it is the only work around
fangle

Post by fangle »

I was told by customer service a few years ago to put zeros in the zip code field for Tax Act. I was able to pay by credit card. The Tax Act system doesn't seem to require that level of matching to billing address.