Multi-country bank accounts- MoneyStrands better than Mint

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

NewCanadian

Multi-country bank accounts- MoneyStrands better than Mint

Post by NewCanadian »

With Quicken.com closing from today, those who are looking options for Free personal financial management software, I find Moneystrands- a better alternative than Mint.com for many reasons.

1) Unlike Mint which covers only few Canada banks, MoneyStrands can get data from most Canadian banks including Presidents choice.

2) It can gather information from almost all Canadian credit cards- Bank or non-bank whereas Mint is for US cards only with exception of Canada banks which it has access to.

3) Mint for unknown reasons adds US and Canada dollar amounts into single meaningless number whereas Moneystrands applies currency conversion and shows balance in US$

4) In addition to Canada banks it can retrieve data from in other countries in Europe,India, China and Japan.

Whether Mint or Moneystrands- Both use same backend server offered by Yodlee.com

Come next June, data needed to TD F90 filing for foreign accounts for maximum balance during the year will be very easy to complete.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Thanks for the tip!
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
GTAresident

Post by GTAresident »

I use Mint and it is not able to pull my Sams Club credit card details for last two months.

I opened Moneystrands account now and first checked whether it can add Sams club credit card.

It did correctly within few minutes.
Nishant

Post by Nishant »

Thanks.

I was able to add my India bank accounts to newly created moneystrands account.

This is the first financial software which allowed me to keep track of bank accounts there.