RRSP Form 8891 question 9

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

AZKira

RRSP Form 8891 question 9

Post by AZKira »

I'm Canadian, living in the U.S. (Green Card). I converted my RRSP from mutual funds to term deposits (closed one plan and opened another).

For form 8891 for the new plan - question 9 - contributions to the plan during the year - is it 0 because I didn't add any new money, or is it the value that I moved from the old plan to the new one?
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

If you are deferring taxation by using the treat (most people do), you do not answer this question.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
AZKira

Post by AZKira »

I'm not deferring taxation so I do need to answer this question.
AZKira

Post by AZKira »

How do I answer question 9? 0 or the amount that was transferred from the one plan to the other?
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

You do not answer the question.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
AZKira

Post by AZKira »

OK. Thank you, Nelsona.