W7 document help!

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

peon

W7 document help!

Post by peon »

Does anyone know where in Greater Toronto area that I can get a certified or notaried copy of the Canadian passport (Passport Canada doesn't do it) which must be recognized by the IRS? I had done the notaried copy of some document in a local immigration attory office but the notaried cop is rejected by the IRS. fee?

or where can I find an IRS office in GTA which will accept W7 (ITIN) application form so I only need to show the original passport?

Carson

Post by Carson »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by peon</i>

Does anyone know where in Greater Toronto area that I can get a certified or notaried copy of the Canadian passport (Passport Canada doesn't do it) which must be recognized by the IRS? I had done the notaried copy of some document in a local immigration attory office but the notaried cop is rejected by the IRS. fee?

or where can I find an IRS office in GTA which will accept W7 (ITIN) application form so I only need to show the original passport?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

No IRS office, but check here for a list of Canadian acceptance agents who can certify copies of your original documents.

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/ ... 39,00.html

Note, Mark Serbinski is on the list. I don't know which of them will do just that - even for a fee - but all it takes is a call. Our firm no longer does it except for existing or new tax clients.

Carson