I know I can not earn income, but I have not been able to find a clear answer on this. I have written and illustrated a children's book that I would like to self publish.
As an H4 visa holder:
- am I able to self-publish online in the USA? or Canada?
- is it considered a hobby if the intention is not to earn necessary income?
- can I earn royalties from sales of the book?
- is this considered earned income or passive income?
- is there another way to do this while on USA soil? (make it free? donate earnings? put earnings into a trust?)
I really just want to get this book out to the world and don't know how to legally go about it.
This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.
Moderator:Mark T Serbinski CA CPA
2 posts •Page 1 of 1
Then there is not a thing to worry about, because a time comes in the life of a person when all the hardships of the life of a person gets end if he or she is trying hard to get the thing done. As when a person will be having the https://www.paperwritingpro.com/ education and he or she is unable to get the job, where he or she can utilize his or her knowledge and to earn the money by which he or she can fulfill his or her desires.