Emigrants and Income Tax and Canadain Tax Software

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

one_day_at_a_time

U-File

Post by one_day_at_a_time »

I put in my Ontario address and then my departure date, however, when I look at the summary page, I don't see any Ontario Tax calcuated on line 428, however, I do see that the Federal Tax calculated on line 406 is higher than when I did it "by hand". Does U-File incorporate the two?
PS - I haven't yet paid 'cause I'm not yet completely satisfied.
Thanks
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Its not enough to put ontario address, in fact you should NOT put it.

Rather, as I have explained, you need to say that you were RESIDENT of Ontario for 2007, and also put departure date.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
devinshwan

Re: Emigrants and Income Tax and Canadain Tax Software

Post by devinshwan »

Hello,

As a non-inhabitant, you have to settle government expense on salary got from Canada. A non-inhabitant accepting Canadian pay is liable to Part XIII assessment or Part I impose.

Much of the time, Part XIII assessment is appropriate to profits, rental and eminence installments, benefits installments, and OAS/CPP/QPP resigning stipends, withdrawals from RRSP/RRIF, annuities, and the executive's expenses. Part XIII expense is determined at 25% (except if diminished by a duty bargain).

Part I impose is material to such things as work pay in Canada, carrying on business in Canada and the transfer of assessable Canadian property.

You can choose to record a Canadian expense form if Part XIII assessment was retained on the accompanying:

* Canadian rental pay or timber eminences; and,
* Certain Canadian benefits pay.

Choosing to record an arrival may result in a discount of all or part of the Part XIII expense retained.
devinshwan

Post by devinshwan »

Hello,

As a non-inhabitant, you have to settle government expense on salary got from Canada. A non-inhabitant accepting Canadian pay is liable to Part XIII assessment or Part I impose.

Much of the time, Part XIII assessment is appropriate to profits, rental and eminence installments, benefits installments, and OAS/CPP/QPP resigning stipends, withdrawals from RRSP/RRIF, annuities, and the executive's expenses. Part XIII expense is determined at 25% (except if diminished by a duty bargain).

Part I impose is material to such things as work pay in Canada, carrying on business in Canada and the transfer of assessable Canadian property.

You can choose to record a Canadian expense form if Part XIII assessment was retained on the accompanying:

Choosing to record an arrival may result in a discount of all or part of the Part XIII expense retained.

Thanks!

http://www.hadriancpas.com/
devinshwan

Post by devinshwan »

Hello,

Thanks!