W-9 and TD Waterhouse RRSP

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

chrisontario

W-9 and TD Waterhouse RRSP

Post by chrisontario »

Hi everyone

I own a TD WAterhouse self-directed RSP, and after I changed residency, I received a W-9 form to complete.

The TDW RRSP is staying in Canada and I cannot hold any non-registered amounts in the account. They also changed the account number saying that it would help them prepare year-end tax reporting statements. Is this normal for an RSP?

Did someone at TDW Canada make a mistake when I gave them my US address? Could they have changed it to TD Waterhouse in the US? I'm mystified as to why I received this W-9 form. I don't own a Canadian non-RSP trading account with TDW.

I also own an RSP with another Canadian provider and the only thing that has changed with them is my address; everything else has stayed the same.

Any comments? Thanks
martinleroux

Post by martinleroux »

Don't worry, this is perfectly normal. Now that you're living in the US they need you to provide them with your SSN (or ITIN). The way they get this information is by asking you to fill out a W-9 and send it back to them. No, they haven't moved your account to TD Waterhouse (US); the latter isn't able to handle Canadian RSP accounts.
JacksonDean

Re: W-9 and TD Waterhouse RRSP

Post by JacksonDean »

Serbinski accounting firm is launching a new master plan to use rain water for farming. The W-9 and TD water house is constructed over here https://topbritishwriters.com/ukassignmentshelp-review/ which is under ground and upon that a sports court will be developed.