Canadian citizen on TN

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

netb2b

Canadian citizen on TN

Post by netb2b »

Hi,
I am a Canadian citizen started work in US 2 weeks ago on TN visa with my family on TD visa. I am doing business on my canadian corporation on a corp-to-corp basis and I am the owner and showed myself as an employee of my corporation.

I have corporation bank accounts, both in US$ and Can$ in Canadian bank. The agency who hired me to work for a client pays me in $US. My questions are:

1) Do I need to open bank account in USA or deposit cheque drawn to my corporation name in US$ account in a Canadian bank.
2) Do I need to pay taxes in US or only in Canada or both.
3) Will the agency to whom I am working for will pay my coporation GST amount or its only if I work for a Canadian employer in Canada.
4) Which expenses I can show at the end of year in my corporation.
5) Can I pay myself from my company/corporation account and show my wife as a corpoation employee so that tax brackets will be low? By paying myself and to my wife, what important things I should consider and rules of CRA.

Thanks a lot in advance and appretiate your help.