New TN visa port application while existing one is still pro

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

Damoguhun

New TN visa port application while existing one is still pro

Post by Damoguhun »

I have the following tough situation which would like to get kind suggestions!

My previous TN visa was expired in last June. My current company sent the renew application of my TN visa by mail to Nebraska till to May, so far it is still in processing. Now I get another job and need to apply for a new TN visa. As probably I will take a business trip outside of USA very soon after joining the new company, so I'd like to go to Detroit to apply for new TN visa at border directly next Tuesday, I don't and could not wait for another half an year. As I have NOT valid I-94 card (TN visa) at hand now, before I leave US border, will I need to talk to US Custom officer to explain my current visa status? Or after I come back from Windsor to Detroit, will I have any trouble because I have NO valid US visa at hand? Very appreciated in advance for your suggestions!
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

This is a tax forum, not an immig forum.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D