Which tax for Part XIII or Part I for nr of canada

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

mguile

Which tax for Part XIII or Part I for nr of canada

Post by mguile »

I have not filed Canadian Tax form for 20 odd years. I am a married non resident of Canada and my wife and I both receive OAS, and CPP. I also receive a Canadian military pension which has Canadian withholding taxes taken at the source. Both of us also receive Social Security. In 2019, I sold a plot of undeveloped land in Ontario and have a long term capital gain of approx. $8000 cad. A T2062 was filed with CRA and a Cert of Compliance was received. I was told we must file individual Canadian income tax returns. Which income tax form do I use Part XIII or Part I. Do I have to file Ontario tax form also. I was told I have to report my world wide income. Is there any US income I do not have to report, I have a rental property in US. I think I should use Part I, 5013-R and then a form T2203 Provincial and Territories Taxes for Multiple Jurisdictions. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
nelsona

Re: Which tax for Part XIII or Part I for nr of canada

Post by nelsona »

You should file the non-resident tax return, reporting only the gain on schedule 3, and the multi-jurisdictional form. the tax on that form will replace the federal non-resident surtax.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D