Ontario health card and dual taxation

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

pavels

Ontario health card and dual taxation

Post by pavels »

This year is my first year on TN visa in US (since March). I am Canadian
Will I be charged 100% by Canada revenue (working in US on TN visa) if my Ontario health card not expired and not cancelled by registered mail?
Will it be proof for Canada that I am resident and have to pay taxes (for health service) ?
Do I have to cancel my Ontario driver license, Health Card, anything else?

Could you give me a reference to the right step by step flow to exclude dual taxation for 2019

Thanks
nelsona

Re: Ontario health card and dual taxation

Post by nelsona »

You don't have to cancel these to be non-resident (they aren't primary residential ties) , but you can't use OHIP, and you must get state DL within 30 days of moving.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
nelsona

Re: Ontario health card and dual taxation

Post by nelsona »

You are an emigrant from the day you moved to US. See the info on CRA website, or the 1000's of posts here on that subject. Wheel has already been invented, and tried out. Happy browsing.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D