See you April 18/May 2

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

nelsona

See you April 18/May 2

Post by nelsona »

As is my custom, I will be taking my yearly 'eleventh hour' of the tax season hiatus.

I have found that questions at this time of the year are usually asked by posters who haven't given their taxes a single thought until now and are frantically :evil: , desparately :twisted: trying to figure out what to do

The questions also become very detailed vague, and demanding at the same time, like:
I make $30K, how much taxes will I pay.
Often repeated 2 or 3 times for emphasis....

I don't 'do' taxes; I try to help people plan their cross-border taxes.

Serbinski :idea: , on the other hand, does both. I suggest you call him up. This is his time of the year. Help him pay for his office and this website :D

But whatever you do: don't go to HRBlockheads. :shock:
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

... I will be maonitoring the site however to correct any egregious erros in any replies :P
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
flames9

Post by flames9 »

I just to say thanks for your assistance, i appreciate it, and I get a good chuckle when you get a bit "grumpy" answering some of the repeated questions. Don't blame you though, as it must get tiresome answering the same questions over and over again, when the search button would give a prompt answer!! Enjoy your holiday, and a big thank you, oh ya before you go, whats this form 8891? (just kidding). Cheers, Scott
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Just to remind myself and others..... :wink:
flames9

Post by flames9 »

I chuckle a bit everytime I see you post on your so called holiday!! Do you reside in Canada or the USA? I'm currently in Arlington VA, hopefully one day make it back to Canada. Grew up in SK. Enjoy your holiday Nelson!
flames9

Post by flames9 »

I see the holiday is going well!! Your assistance is appreciated by all!!
yabahala

Thanks for your help nelsona

Post by yabahala »

Thanks for your help nelsona, you surely helped me this tax season.

I will be needing some more assitance from this board, as I am in the planning phases of a move back to canada by end of year. There is so much to strategize about, and I will be visiting this board frequently to get my answers and directions. I for one am very grateful for this board.

Regards,
yabahala
ususer

Re: Thanks for your help nelsona

Post by ususer »

Nelson, thank you very much for all your help to everyone here including myself. A big, big thank you!
brians

Post by brians »

At the risk of being redundant, I'd like to say "thank you" to nelsona.

You've definitely helped me with my tax situation and I've recommended this forum to other canucks who are doing cross-border taxes.