TD holder works from home

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

Nam

TD holder works from home

Post by Nam »

Hi,

I'm on TD visa and I started a part-time job that I can work from home in US since last september. The employer is canadian company and my pay is also on my canadian bank account.
I wonder whether this job will affect our non resident status in Canada.
Can I just report my canadian income to Canada and my husband's US income to IRS? For sure, I would like to avoid any double taxes..

Thanks
Nam

Re: TD holder works from home

Post by Nam »

Nam wrote:Hi,

I'm on TD visa and I started a part-time job that I can work from home in US since last september. The employer is canadian company and my pay is also on my canadian bank account.

I wonder whether this job will affect our status as non resident in Canada.
Can I just report my canadian income to Canada and my husband's US income to IRS? We want to avoid paying big amount of taxes to both countries.

Thanks
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Any particular reason you chose to repeat your question?

That alone gets you a 2 day delay in any answer, in my books. :wink:
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
Nam

Post by Nam »

Nelson,

Sorry for that. I wanted to edit my original post but somehow i got the same content twice. I tried to delete it but it didn't work. :?

BTW, thanks for your comment on my other post. We found it very helpful.

Nam