NR95

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

dazealex2

NR95

Post by dazealex2 »

Hi all,

I have a rental property in Canada. I am living in the US for the past few years.

My agent received a NR95. I thought that it is to authorize the same agent and/or others to tax information for the NRF account.

However, when I call the CRA NR Hotline, I was told different. The lady basically told me that the forum is for the agent to sign and send. Which makes no sense to me, as the NRF account is on my name.

Can someone clarify who is supposed to send this in?
Also, does this need to even be submitted if I already have an NR6 for the year, and for the next year, will file a NR6 this year.

Confused.

Thanks,

d
JGCA

Re: NR95

Post by JGCA »

This NR95 from is to allow other individuals to obtain information on your behalf from CRA non resident tax and trust accounts NOT fro the General T1 returns such as the Sec 216 return this is not governed by this authorization the standard from is for this. Basically your agent may have requested CRA to give them information and because its in your name they can not disclose so you need to fie this form for him to gain access.

It is not required if he is your agent and is listed as such and he requests information about the undertakings for what he is responsible for as your agent such as following up with the remittances you make each month or forms to be filed anything else they may not allow him access too if he needs that information then you have to file this form not him.
JG
dazealex2

Re: NR95

Post by dazealex2 »

My Agent is not involved in collecting remittances. So I know for certain he does not need access to the NRF account. per se. It doesn't appear that this form will need to be filed, unless needed and we'll come to that bridge when needed.