where does RESP withdraw and CESG returned to canada government on Form 3520/3520A?

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

cqhg

where does RESP withdraw and CESG returned to canada government on Form 3520/3520A?

Post by cqhg »

my family members are all Canadian living in the US, and my husband held H1B in the US.
my children studied in the high school of the US.

I have a RESP in Canada bank, I withdraw all money from my RESP because my son entered to US university in 2019.

I was told by canada bank, due to my family members are all living in the US, my son and I are all NR in Canada, he can't use CESG portion of the RESP, the bank will return the CESG to the canada goverment.

Now I am wondering if I file 3520/3520A form, where can I put the "returned CESG" on the form of 3520/3520A?

Thanks in advance.
Lili1234

Re: where does RESP withdraw and CESG returned to canada government on Form 3520/3520A?

Post by Lili1234 »

I am in the same situation with you. Have you found an answer to your question for "returned CESG" on the form of 3520 / 3520A?
Thanks in advance