TFSA capital gains for

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

jixca

Post by jixca »

Well yeah but the deadline is already missed so I'm submitting late, I'm not sure how 7004 would work now that I'm sending 3520A already. I can include 7004 regardless.

I am sending 3520 and attaching 3520A as statement, do I need to send a separate 3520A to the IRS address own its own?
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Others are more informed on 3520/3520A.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
MGeorge

Post by MGeorge »

You don't need to file a 3520A separately.

Since you're already past the March 15th deadline - you could take the position that you are filing a 3520, and the 3520A is simply an attachment filled out to the best of your ability. I think it could be argued that the March 15th deadline only applies to 3520A filers (Trustees). You didn't get one from the trustee, so you're meeting your obligation to attach one to your 3520. That said - I haven't had the guts to push this.....

Best Regards.
------------------------------
MGeorge is neither an accounting nor taxation professional.