TurboTax: Maximum deductions

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

chrisontario

Post by chrisontario »

Hi flames

I totally agree that Revenue Canada was great to get tax returns done, etc. I had an account with them that I checked annually to see my RRSP and Home Buyers Plan information. I kept all the Notice of Assessments, and MOST OF ALL, I loved the fact that one tax return went directly to Ottawa. Revenue Canada also offers a toll-free, or collect call for non-residents in the US.

Here is in the US, I have discovered that one federal return goes one place, and then the state return goes elsewhere. What a drag. Further our state taxation dept. doesn't have a toll-free number. Hmmmm! It's going to take a while for me to get used to being in the US. We owe a little money ,because of my Canadian worldwide income, to each of the IRS and state taxation, so I'll know when the cheque goes through. I, too, wish we got a Notice of Assessment from IRS, and online would be perfect.