Search found 3 matches
Search found 3 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:47 pm
- Forum: Business & Personal Immigration to the United States
- Topic: Cdn resident with Roth?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2954
I know that if a Canadian moves to the US and becomes a US tax resident, they should first close all of their TFSAs to avoid very complicated US tax filings. What about the analogues reverse situation: if someone becomes a Canadian tax resident, must they worry about any Roth accounts they have in t...
- Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:19 am
- Forum: Canada / United States Tax & Accounting
- Topic: Cdn gains and interest form to submit with 1040?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1256
We are two Canadians living in the US for about 6 years now (on a J-1 and -2), so we know we're "US people" for tax purposes. While we have American tax to be paid, we also have Canadian Capital Gains, Interest, and Dividends from our T5s. Which forms am I supposed to fill out for those to append to...