Do I need to register a for a EIN if I filled out a W8-BEN-E

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

borajetta

Do I need to register a for a EIN if I filled out a W8-BEN-E

Post by borajetta »

Hi,

I have a CCPC software company which provides consulting services which is contracting to a US company. The work will be done remotely here in Canada but occasionally I will be visiting the US for meetings. I have a TN visa for this under my personal name. The contract is setup between the CCPC and the US Company.

I have filled out the W8-BEN-E as a Active NFFE.

I wanted to know if I need to create a EIN? I thought because I would not be paying tax in the US that this would not be required.

Thank you
borajetta

Post by borajetta »

Since I can not see where to edit the post I would also like to ask another question after calling the IRS.

Do I need to fill out Chapter 3 status as a treaty claim to withhold 0% of my tax?

If so which section of Part III do I fill out for a CCPC providing a consulting service how do I fill this section out?

Thank you
fifaniha

In my opinion, the author's idea is advisable

Post by fifaniha »

In my opinion, the author's idea is advisable.I will make advertisement freely for your post,recommend it to my frields.Most of my frields are fall in love with fifacoins. And under this circumstance,I also like to play online game,such as fifa 16 .I always buy the items online.So I am familiar with the safest and convenient way to buy fifa 16 coins online.There are: http://www.utfifa.co/