H1B holder- Living in Canada and working in the US

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

apkesh

H1B holder- Living in Canada and working in the US

Post by apkesh »

Hello,
I am an H1B holder who just started working for a US company. I will be travelling to the US 4 days of the week while living in Toronto Canada. My company has promised me they will apply for a green card for me and my long term plans are to move to the US with the family (once the GC gets close to a realization).

Given my situation, I understand I need to do some smart tax planning before I wrap things up in Canada. Can someone suggest what kind of rate can I expect to pay when talking to tax accountants on this matter? Is this something that a place like HR block can help me with or do I need a specialized accountant? This is all very new to me, so any information is helpful. Thank you.
apkesh

Post by apkesh »

Anyone?
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

I hate bumping. We can read, and are not living to answer your questions,
Check back next week.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D