TurboTax - which version?

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

Quimby

TurboTax - which version?

Post by Quimby »

I'm a dual citizen living in Canada. I have always used QuickTax for my Canadian return but have calculated and filed my US return manually.

I'm planning to switch to TurboTax this year but wasn't sure which version to buy. I dislike online programs and do not file state returns, but it appears that the CD/downloaded versions are bundled with the state returns in all but the most basic versions.

[url]http://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/#go_tt_cd[/url]

I expect to require the following forms:

Schedule B
Schedule D
TD F 90-22.1

I'm hoping that there are numerous others in the same camp who have already done their research and can advise.

Thanks much,

Quimby
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

I use the turbotax online version without problem. ZThe advantage of turbotax is that it does 8891.

In Canada I prefer ufile.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
bruce

Post by bruce »

The "Basic" download/CD version of Turbotax will take care of all the US forms you listed.